Because everyone agrees the food is the best part of this, right?
Suggestions for party guests:
1) Bacon-Jalapeno Jam. Double the recipe (trust me!), bring a baguette, become an instant hero.
2) Buttermilk ranch, completely from scratch. Also impressive! Your favorite wings need a sidekick.
3) Guacamole. Go classic or give it a chipotle twist! Sorry for the garbage photo, guys, but this was one of the first recipes on my blog for a reason (i.e. it’s way good). Mix everything except avocado together in a convenient container, then add the avocado at your destination for maximum freshness/staying power.
4) Extra credit! Homemade soft pretzels. This one takes some time and effort, but we don’t just hand out extra credit willy nilly, do we?
Suggestions for party hosts:
1) Grilled skirt steak, fresh tomatillo salad. Simple and fresh… Maximum deliciousness, minimal effort.
3) Fried pickles with garlic-dill sauce. Appetizers just got interesting. For immediate serving… And immediate falling-in-love.
4) Homemade chai, with optional bourbon. Make a double batch, keep warm in a crockpot with a bottle of whiskey close by. Best winter alternative to beer, or what?
Finally, dessert is everyone’s responsibility:
1) Fudgy rum brownies. Chocolate is the ultimate crowd-pleaser (it’s second only to free money). Step 1: make brownies. Step 2: be loved.
2) Goat cheese swirl brownies. Step 1: make brownies. Step 2: be loved by weirdos. Though, seriously–given the chance, this combination would make a weirdo out of anyone.
3) Double chocolate and almond cookies. Instant happy-makers, these.
Speaking of happiness, you know what else? This video.
If you haven’t already watched it, you must. Be awesome! Double that batch of bacon jam, literally or figuratively.